Monday 10 October 2016

55 years old and feeling fracked

Yeah, had a birthday. Government rewarded me by their usual hypocrisy. It went like this:
Brexit: the people have spoken, we obey
Fracking: the people have spoken, fuck 'em.
It seems we'll bribe people to accept hundreds, possibly thousands of drilling wells in their back yard but won't do the same for wind farms cos it's nasty, clean and renewable? Sigh... OK, OK, enough with the despair.

Blimey but I have some talented friends. Paul L did this almost immediately after getting his new Linnstrument. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sy8giR8TxdY

And anyone who ever tells you all the great melodies have been written has never met Andy Pickford. He sent me something today that I've played 4 times in a row it's so beautiful. Mellow, wistful, full of longing. A simple thing too and not embellished.

Thursday was a good day if not much work got done. Dave F came and spent the afternoon hacking our trees into shape. Still some to do but he did a great job, will try and organise curry with him next week along with my sis.

Friday I aimed to record another drone. Have had this idea kicking around for the last track on Exoplanets 2. I got an ES Disting the other day but it's so complicated I haven't done much with it. (Only bought cos he was such a nice chap and I felt guilty I wasn't the man to review his computery interfacey modules. Sorta feels foolish now but I'll work at it, possibly Friday not the ideal day for knuckling down though.)

Ooh, got some royalties from the Cherry Red comp. All is good. And the Arturia Drum machine finally announced. Can't deny it's rather exciting, will probably kill off the Tanzbar and maybe some other stuff too. Individual outputs, yes! And an analogue filter, their cool random algorithm, and more. Already put in my request to review it. :)

Bought again a pile of David Gemmell novels we have mysteriously lost over the years. Still a couple to track down, really annoys me to lose books. I made the mistake of reading half my own Bogus Focus yesterday and was frustrated into starting a rewrite. It's the weakest of the lot and being the first of three people are unlikely to stick with the series. Damn but I wish I could get at least one tame reader to check these things and give me quality feedback. Spose I have to get better first.

More drones underway.
It's PRS week.
I should do some work...




No comments:

Post a Comment