Sunday 30 October 2016

Bye Bye October

So my trundle towards grabbing my pension and winding down my workload continues. Have talked to several people with financial know-how and a plan is forming. It means next year I should have more time for writing my novels, playing in the studio and taking those long walks in the Lakes I've been wistfully talking about for years. Oh, and more time to write library music. We'll see...

I am rewriting the ending to Bogus Focus, having seen a way to improve it quite significantly. Doubt it'll make anyone try again, but maybe when I put all 3 into one volume it'll hang together much better now I've trimmed a lot of the asides and nonsense and left an actual plot.

Right now I have the usual review stack - sadly no eurorack in right now, which is what I'd like the most. I have this new secret Korg thing, which allows me to get back on an old hobbyhorse, for all the good it will do.

I recorded a new drone the other day, Quixote, which ended up going in a different direction to my plan. It may or may not complete Exoplanets Vol2, I'll let it stew a while. It will be better as a first rather than last track though, each 'dynamic' drone alternating with the subtle, underplayed ones.

Oh the Binar double album is available, people liking it. I like it, which I hadn't quite expected but then you need to play them, leave them, return and see. It's impossible to tell immediately after a performance.

https://andypickford1.bandcamp.com/track/b-boner-e-bola

That track was a studio one, yes a drone! I even played some Minimoog in it. So Binar do different stuff sometimes, yay! There are a couple of other studio tracks, which I think makes the whole release rather interesting.

Must book Superbooth on Monday. Could be our interesting book project will be released then, more info when I'm allowed to say.

It's pretty much impossible to take a photo of Jasper when he isn't sniffing the ground. Anyway, thanks October, it's been a lovely, warm and sunny month - unlike June or fecking July!

No comments:

Post a Comment