Thursday 3 October 2019

Approaching Synthfest

So I might not post this until afterwards.
Spent the afternoon playing the piano, a real tonic after all the modular messing and reorganising.
Thursday became Friday. Did piano loop things with Cirklon, reich really is a fab feature!
https://soundcloud.com/smokyfrog/pianoloops-edited

And it's gone. Synthfest that is. Awesome. Played cool new things, talked to lots of folks (including some guy what used to be in the Human League and maybe still is; anyway he has a Cirklon and I was hopefully able to help, although one of his issues seems related to the various knots Colin has tied himself in re: Song mode playback. But I digress. Did an interview with Gaz and talked nonsense, totally contradicting what I'd decided to say 5 seconds earlier when he briefed me with the questions. Heh). Now I have the interesting dilemma which pits performance control against user interface - something to think about there. I might return to this and write up what I mean, but should clear the review I promised first.

Monday I started programming new patches on my V-Synth. This is a good idea for whenever GAS strikes. You can ask yourself how many synths have an architecture so flexible and powerful combine with a user interface so fucking amazing, with innovative performance controllers thrown in too. Just saying.

Just sent away for my first lock-picking set. As you do. A guy at the curry house was showing me the basics and I found it fascinating. Something new to learn.




No comments:

Post a Comment