Wednesday 23 October 2019

Tiddly Pom!

Well, had a pleasant day chatting synths with Pete from Sheffield yesterday. Didn't get anything done though so today I leapt into action. Well, I trimmed a tree in the garden and moved modules that I like into the MN case. I guess I was thinking if they do ask me to play that cellar thing I'd have an easy setup ready to play for 30 mins or so. Mostly I'd use the Bloom sequencer and my old favourite the Tonestar along with Plaits. Plenty of control and processing options and I may yet decide to replace Clouds with Morphagene as (I think) they're the same size so an easy drop-in. Those fecking sliding nuts, have I moaned about them today? The DPO wasn't working out in that case anyway and since I've added the Tonestar, I no longer need the envelope I had in there.


This box plus maybe the A4 acting as reverb for it, plus the Soma Pipe for me to do my reverby groany drone with and I'm sorted.

In theory Pascal and Matt are coming around tonight but haven't had confirmation and haven't really prepared the rooms. Update: moved to Thursday (in theory, of course).

Elektron just released a nice Analog Four update giving it different clock divisions at last, plus a MIDI out. Don't need that particularly and still hoping for the 'kit per pattern' but at least they finally got round to adding tempo per pattern. I could now have either the A4 or Digitone as my master rather than the Octatrack, but we'll see. I do plan to make more efforts with the A4 now there's also the Digitone's 'per page randomiser' which might inspire me. I really need to clean out all those shit sounds I've gathered - trouble  is I've added a fair few of mine all over the place too. Oh for a clean slate, but with my projects and sounds! Weirdly, I thought I was on the beta team but perhaps they dropped me without saying. Anyway, not updating right away as hearing bug reports already. Would like to have had chance to find them, especially as they sound quite obvious so far.

Listening to the two CDs Pascal gave me, really digging the ambient one - talented fellow!

Wednesday, was lovely so went out looking for new walk, but didn't find it despite doing my best with Pat's directions. Jasper in odd, exuberant mood. Up early and full of energy, following me around even more than usual. Sleeping now though.


Pat at horse thing so I had curry and noodled on modular, recording a short sketch. Clouds making some reasonable noises so not going to pull it for a while. Played with mice, watched random shit on TV. Enjoying 'Preacher' at the mo on Prime. Someone found some old gig photos, from when I was basically an embryo.




No comments:

Post a Comment