Tuesday 29 October 2019

Thursday Night Jam

Matt & Pascal came round and we recorded two pieces of approx 30 mins each. I'm just listening through now and it's surprisingly coherent. Not sure I have Pasc loud enough in this quick mix but the good news is that Matt fancies doing some editing, so no need for me to faff. Yay!
I really liked the sound of the Behringer Neutron. It's zappy, it's snappy it's in no way crappy! The delay is great too.
Now, to tidy up the studio, do yet another audio recording of the Minilogue xd click so Korg can pretend they are still looking into it. Some users have suggested it's no longer an issue but I'd rather trust my own ears than theirs.

Sent audio to Korg. Recorded some stuff that's mostly the MN case modular. And lots of DLD, some Clouds, Plaits and Tonestar. Did maybe 4-5 tracks, but the first I should have done sans kick I think. Chilled day! And I did use that distortion module quite a lot, starting to get a feel for it and the many tones it's capable of.

Rainy Saturday morning, listening back, the 4-5 tracks all seem less inspired than I hoped. ;)
Guy wants to re-release more old stuff, suggests Chimera and Deserted Tower so I'll find and listen at some point. Got the wee man coming tomorrow though so won't get anything done until Wednesday at earliest. Just hope Hydrasynth doesn't arrive in the meantime! Actually not sure I really need to review it now.

Oh and finally I have the plot for the new novel. It's not down to every last detail but I do have a complete story from start to finish, which is something new for me. I think I have a good twist, a decent ending, lots of chances for moral ambiguity and character redemption a la Gemmell. It encompasses ideas that date back as far as 'Renamed and Dangerous' which I wrote on the Atari ST IIRC. It is essentially a sequel to the story I only sketched before and can use the ideas I had for that but set them properly in a post apocalyptic scenario full of human stupidity and self-harm.

No reply from Korg about whether they are able to hear the clicks in my audio or, if they can. whether they care. Apparently they previously just dismissed it thus (and without getting back to me of course):
When we tested, TBH we really struggled to hear a problem
I've told them I have my box and if mine is a hardware error let's get it replaced. Just telling me other users don't notice doesn't cut it (see my previous thoughts about human stupidity)

sigh

No comments:

Post a Comment