Monday 16 December 2019

Roedelius gig

Awesome!!
On request, I wrote a little review on skiddle
https://www.skiddle.com/whats-on/Oldham/The-Golden-Lion/ROEDELIUS-ClusterHarmonia/13658225/reviews.html



This was just the kind of high I needed because the following day was Idiocracy Day (the election).
Friday the 13th is going to be dark and full of dark, unhappy music.

And so it was. I now feel totally dislocated. 

I'm not going to talk about the election, still too raw and still processing. But my rights as an EU citizen have been thrown under the bus, along with the rights of anyone else whose face no longer fits in the UK. By coincidence, just watching the episode of The Strain in which the rise of the Nazi party is depicted.
I've done more weird droney stuff since and suspect the trend will continue a while yet. Perhaps a droney Christmas album is afoot?
Bought a little JX-03 module from Tim - actually sounds better than the Novation Mono Circuit and, although the knobs are tiny, it has a far better, more direct UI. May see if I can swap the Circuit for a second one. Shame those sliders on the others are so small as tiny Jupiter would be cool too. Since I got another pretty good PRS payout, I may buy something else - perhaps the Reface YC, which has always appealed. Tiny, tiny, tiny! Did I mention I put a deposit on the Osmose? I may still be interested in the Hydrasynth, will have to see how it handles, but the Osmose seemed to have the superior sound engine and physicality.

I resisted the offer of a JD-XA for £700, which is quite mature of me. So far have kept the OP-1 too and maybe all I need for that is the RK-005 to let me deal with it as regular MIDI. Or a cheaper option,  I guess, since I've barely researched any. (This not reviewing stuff is starting to affect me - how quickly you lose touch with the whole market).



Right, it's Monday and I should do something. Aiming to get Cirklon manual mostly up to date by end of week.






No comments:

Post a Comment