Saturday 14 November 2020

New Week but rather familiar.

 But the weather is mild. We both heard a mouse in the kitchen last night. I have been watching the pile of rotting bird seed Pat constructs draw ever-closer to the house so it's not a huge surprise. Why she always overdoes the fooding is a mystery. Today I will be digging out the traps - and implementing a cleaner regime, with the back door not left open so freely so often. 


An evening walk and a Scrabble game. I had hoped to slip 'quagmire' in there but never got the g. Not one of our better games as we missed too many triple word scores due to tactics creeping in. 

Hmm, it's Saturday morning and rather an odd one. We got a lie-in. For some reason Jasper didn't wake me up at 07:30 as usual so I slept through for another hour. Poor old git slept until just before nine. Guess he must have been tired after a long day fast asleep yesterday. 

Friday afternoon's thing was uploaded and deleted a few hours later. The two long looping sections worked well but I think I recorded them as a single piece later and forgot to copy over. In theory they could run together for an hour or more as each lasts over 5 mins but isn't the same length. They roughly keep up with each other too - different sections beginning and ending and played together. That relationship will change on each loop, assuming I did it right. Eventually instead of, say, two piano sections playing against each other it'll be a piano with a weird choir. 

Anyway, here are a few of the photos from this week's walk, hopefully ones not used on farcebook.






I plan to do that last section of the GR-1 interview that doesn't hang together today. Needs simplifying really as the menu stuff only needs a brief mention, not the detailed gibberings of my notes. If I get chance I'll do another mix of yesterday's track without the weird high string sequence (which must have sounded great at the time!). 
I decided to play Neuland for the first time in ages this morning. Not sure why I keep trying to find something good in it. Amazing to think two really talented dudes could have produced it actually. I suspect I won't get to the end... 



No comments:

Post a Comment