Friday 27 November 2020

Stonking Week!

 Do people still stonk? Anyway, I've reached Friday morning and I'm actually buzzing at the prospect of an absolutely typical afternoon's drinking and making music. I recorded a thing yesterday that was all ambient mush and shifting noises - I wisely left out the two drum loops I'd made as it really doesn't need them. Reckon I conjured up the atmosphere of boggy moors where the paths are all surrounded by inverted commas. I even have an idea for a section that will come next, which my two bottles of Desperados will help summon. 

Anyway, last night the single was played by Marc Riley.  and I really don't mind that he assumed any Nagle involved had to be Chris Nagle. (No idea, I had to Google him too.) Previous delights in the week were watching grandson boogying to the single, walking to the Halo (but not waiting quite long enough to see it against a truly black sky), getting a cautious thumbs up from the vet re: Jasper and finding a tiny bag of weed on my morning walk today. OK, Jasper's dirty protest while I was walking on Wednesday introduced just a small glimmer of reality but I can cope with those. And the bag of weed isn't enough for even a modest pipe full, but still; feels like a victory.

At some point soon I'll have to power up the Mac and import all the Zoom stereo tracks, which are really finished BB jams. I think the consistency of instrumentation is helping bind them together - that little Reface CS is delivering some great stuff and I've even dropped the 0-Coast for now as I've realised it involves too much thinking. As long as the pieces are all built around the Digitone, GR-1 and BlackBox, I reckon I can move things freely in and out just capturing stuff as I go. Shame the Digitone MIDI thru doesn't appear to pass controller or PB stuff though, or it wasn't doing yesterday. That's where the P3 was better.  

I tried a new formatting program supposed to help get more from SD cards but not 100% sure I trust it yet. I only had three 5-min-ish loops going and thought I heard crackles. Same spec card as the original too so will be monitoring closely. Not sure they show on recording? 

Anyway. here's some pix from Wednesday's muddy trek. 







Onwards! 

No comments:

Post a Comment