Monday 19 July 2021

And again!

  I mean it. Saturday again and we did another good track. Pat will be away next Friday for a week and I'm already getting in the mood for long studio sessions. Bejaysus! Today's was called Rodrup. 

Another of these appeared: 

What else? It's Monday again, raining; I doubt I'll be walking anywhere this week as Tony's away and I need someone to prod me or I stay home. 
Sequencer guy came and took away his baby. Showed me the progress so far and we talked strategy and direction and this and that. I hope I helped him, although at this stage in the project I think he might need Bjork posing with it on some TV program to help it take off. Or a video from Vlad. ;) Which reminds me, the Cosmos should be on the way soon - hopefully not incurring lots of tax for it to enter the country. Today (Wednesday) we're off to an ambient pub afternoon - hope it's not crammed and unpleasant. Tim contemplating some live stuff so we should at least show our faces. 
Having agreed with Ron about the CD release, Matt's not sure about the Species Gap title and reminded me the original story was called something else. I'm sure we'll come up with something.

It's stupid Pat's been gone less than 2 hours and I'm missing her. Consoling myself by listening through recent Headshock tracks and writing down my thoughts. We should do something with this stuff. 

BTW when we went into town we had a nice thai meal. The thing at the Ferret was broken though as Joe was self-isolating and it started at 8pm. not the 4pm Facebook claimed. 







Monday morning, still hot and it's becoming clear I'm not going to get a lot done this week. Morning horse walk cancelled but I'm off to post office soon to send the modules from this week's eBay sale. Meeting John at lunchtime and will get some RK Dining food in to sustain me until Friday. Still looking into the whole studio cooling thing but I feel reluctant to go the whole hog and get air cond, while I worry about the damp/mould effects of evaporative cooling. Simon Posford has one of the Dysons but he says it's little better than a fan, as I kinda suspected. That said, my mum has bought one of the small ones and the air it expels does seem cooler than the ambient temperature, although its effect on the room is more about airflow than cooling. Oh well.
One thing that occurred to me is I could find something completely different to do when it's too hot for the studio. And, indeed, I've been writing again. Did the first decent square in my trip-tych, and I reckon the idea of small patches and the fewer brush strokes is starting to sink in as a good thing. We'll see. 




Yeah that's me in a kind of pot-bellied greek god pose. I was sorta hunched over the painting and catching my reflection in the mirror leaning against the bookshelf. Hence the lean and the moobs. 
Right, almost post office time, should find some pants...



No comments:

Post a Comment