Thursday 22 July 2021

A week slips through my sweaty fingers. A good use of 'Super'.

 Well, it hasn't yet but it is doing. It's Wednesday morning and I'm itching to get into the studio and try the new Cosmos Drifting Memory Station. Alas, the only times the studio is cool enough for a few hours of fun are the times I'm out horse walking. I'm off to Paul's tonight, back early in the morning though so might get a chance then. Will clear that SK20 out of the way, although I'm sure it's not posh or lovely enough for his amazing studio. With it gone I think there is floorspace for the air cond I have still yet to decide on. I have a list though, just need to understand all the specs and read a zillion reviews.

At least yesterday I stocked up on curry from RK Dining so ate well last night. And tonight and Thursday night too, yay. Would have been nice to get some music done - especially as I have promised a track to Sequences and there's that remix to do. Oh well. 

Got a message on Twitter from someone who likes my books. Kinda amazing but lovely, especially as I have no idea who it is. She's even recommending me to her friends which possibly explains the improved Kindle sales lately. Astounding but very cool! Doesn't take much praise to get me going.

Went to Paul's and did, indeed, really like the Super-6. They only cocked up with the lack of continuous keytracking for the VCF - switches for that suck imho. Its digital waves sound brill too, which was a real plus and the oscillators and filter are superb. Played a few other things including the Moog, which sounded nice but, I dunno, somehow lacking in terms of the effect an envelope could have over the filter. I suspect it was my unfamiliarity though rather than any issue with the synth. Drank too much. 




Pat's home tomorrow. Will have to get my shit off the floor, clear the painting stuff away, do some tidying up and see what I've broken or dirtied. She'll be glad to see me though so all will be well. Tim coming later to do album cover photo. Insanely we're gonna do it in the attic against the oil lamp backdrop.

No comments:

Post a Comment