Saturday 3 July 2021

Solstice been and gone, more walks

 The year has peaked and so did I, apparently in the 1980s. Good walk this week, further afield around Buttermere. I guess next week will be similar. 

We just had a painter guy in all week who made a good job but now things look rather zen-like, at least until we move everything back. I can see the beauty in minimalism, at least until I clutter it all back again. Pat has booked both cars in for services and I have that bloody tax bill next month. Hopefully we'll get through all that without begging Gary for more cash!






Yesterday Tim and I recorded 'Smooms' - an ambient, droney Synthi piece with respect to Peter Zinovieff who died in the week. I think it's rather good, but then I usually do. 

Well now, more time has passed. It's been an expensive few weeks, what with the painter guy, the cars, the credit card bill and, to come, the tax bill. Cost over £800 to do the cars - mostly because of my brakes being screwed but not helped mad cost of a service for both. That was basically £300 for changing the oil and air filter, if I understand the concept of a car service correctly. Hoping PRS will cover tax bill which at least is only due at month end. 

Yesterday I recorded 'Eocine' which I'm listening to as I type and thinking it's not bad at all. More of the sort of thing I was doing for the Gas Giant album - indeed I probably have enough for a second one already. Sounds like a dodgy connection somewhere though, hopefully a lead and not another channel of the new mixer. Will have to do another mix anyway, which is annoying - hope the dodginess wasn't recorded as I didn't save any of the 505 looping.. 

Cooler today, might get something done. Still feeling very productive (note I resisted writing 'super productive' there). Here are photos from this week's walk -  almost 11 miles in sweltering humidity; we gotta be daft. 











No comments:

Post a Comment