Wednesday 12 January 2022

Mid-week Haweswater wonders

 The track I did yesterday seems pretty unimpressive, which I guess is hardly unprecedented. I was starting to think about the gig and doing some weirdy noises on the GR-1 and possibly went off at a tangent - got fascinated by a Jupiter 6 arpeggio which doesn't sound anything special today, oops. At least the thing I did with Paul (20 min piece for THC2) sounds good. I tried doing something with setup 2 yesterday and gave up, switching to 1 despite the dice roll. I need to do something with that area to make it more inviting. Task for today would maybe involve tackling the Eurorack again and finding a context in which it could be useful.

Mum discharged herself from hospital so will see what she's up to today, giving her time for a lie-in though.

Today I will fit a new battery to the P3 and then perhaps leave the studio alone in favour of some writing (since the ideas are still flowing). Last night Pat and I cooked another impressive meal, I think it's a chickpea curry tonight, what fun! Ah, update - Dean sent a track for some Synthi wibbles maybe. Turns out changing a P3 battery is much, much easier than doing it on my Cirklon. 

Sent Dean some noises - granular squeaks, MS20 wibbles and even some bland electric piano and truly terrible theremin. I should feel bad but I'm anticipating he'll either autotune it into something or ditch most of it, as usual. Was hard firing up the computer and even harder knuckling down to working with an arrange window. 

It's Monday morning and we're anxiously awaiting the vet's word on Caspian. I can't seem to start anything, been wandering around the studio looking at all the things I hardly ever use, the majority being in the center and the modular corner. Issue seems to be that I've put all my favourite things in two places - at the far ends - but it's hard to know quite how to fix it, especially as I've had these phases before. Would be lovely to get rid of the bulk of the Eurorack - may try advertising on Facebook as there are at least three unnecessary cases and dozens of modules I doubt I'd ever use again. I could get an input module or two and use the various filters and effects with regular gear. Dunno really, seems like time wasted even thinking about it; same conclusion I always reach when I think about my Eurorack. It ties up cash and space and resources that would be better allocated to other gear. 

Not good news re: Caspian. 
Tax man owes me £1k - for that mad and greedy grab he did last year. I suppose that's something.

I may finally be tiring of Jasper Fforde, or at least his Thursday Next series appears to have run out of steam and I find myself struggling to finish chapters. 
This morning I discovered a recording made by Tony Sawford of our (JIC's) gig in 2007. Quite a bit went on to be Book of Roach but I'm tempted to release the whole thing as is. What's strange is that both Tony and Phil are gone but I'm still here. 

Anyway, walked near Haweswater and it was spectacular. Saw and photographed a Brocken Spectre effect.













No comments:

Post a Comment