Monday 24 January 2022

A cold Thursday waiting for whisky

 Must be a sign of getting old but I've taken out a subscription on my favourite whisky, the blended malt in sherry cask one, and am awaiting my first delivery. Pat's headed out to Chorley, still not quite sure what to do with her freedom; I recall a similar experience after we lost Jasper. No walk this week as Tony is waiting in for the carpet man today and I already have plans for tomorrow; at least the Weed Fairy is coming, which will make the weekend altogether more pleasant and hopefully productive.

I found a bank of my Virus sounds - on my own website! Amazing that there are still things on that. Might not necessarily load them though, again could be healthy to start with the synth as it is as I hardly ever do that. Blimey, the Microfreak doesn't respond to MIDI volume (CC7). 

Blissed-out Friday, recorded things of this type 
https://wilyepeyote.bandcamp.com/album/freakiness
with Pat away, gettin' drunk and watching shit things I've recorded. 

On Saturday, Tim and I were on stonking form. Weaving an MPC delight into our spontaneous madness worked a treat. Feel a bit rough again this morning but off to see mum...

It's Sunday afternoon and I'm going to do some writing if I can summon the mood. Drank quite a lot of the new whisky already and definitely abstaining today. 

Update, I mostly abstained - one G&T while writing hardly counts, right? Went through parts of the novel trying to see what its eventual shape will be. I appear to be approximately half-way through and can tell the parts that need fixing, writing, replacing, whatever. Realised the end of the Expanse was on Prime and that I'd simply forgotten it - shame it's all so rushed and many strands left unexplored. I mean, they brought a kid back to life on an alien planet then... nothing. Very frustrating considering how well it started and that they cancelled series 7 so that's it. Getting a wee bit fed up of these streaming services that only follow through on populist crap.

Monday morning, Pat coming back today. I have eaten a lot of curry and probably stink. Will be glad to see her though. Listening to the thing Tim and I did and it's yet another brilliant day's recording, much enhanced by prepared stuff on the MPC. I promised a different version of the one from Friday for Paul to work on, will remove the drums and leave him lots of space to play in. 














No comments:

Post a Comment