Friday 13 May 2022

Synthi comes home

 I'm driving up tomorrow to get the Synthi, DFAM, DRM-1 and maybe something else (sorta losing track). I want the Synthi for the special track for Tony S (provisional title the Quiet Man). Andy Boland has agreed to do some of his lyrical magic on guitar and I have a couple of places that need (i) Synthi wibbles (ii) string synth swooshes. Will wait until Andy does his bit. 

Today I did some tidying with a view to finding the MN handle - which I found almost right away in a drawer, possibly the only drawer of six I didn't look in. Ah well. 

Ah bugger, can't have all the MS20 mods I wanted as the new MS20 doesn't have much spare power for all the extra circuitry. Looks like my ring mod will have to be external and there's no capacity for the PWM pot. Arse. 

Here's a weird coincidence - reading a Kindle book by David Graham called The Screaming. I just encountered a character called Dai Williams - not an uncommon name of course - but he has a curious habit of  'zoning out' - somehing he calls (get this) hocus focus. My Dai Williams zoned out and called it bogus focus, which is strangely close. I will read on with interest...

Wednesday and I had the rather brilliant idea of putting the Blofeld in the Weird Corner - messing with processing 505 through Biscuit, some more minor tweaks to that little setup and already it's a limited but powerful array of instruments. When the MS20 comes back will be even better. Why on earth didn't Korg fit a MIDI out to the MS20? Using Keystep anyway and it's good. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cda4PJiKsLY/

So far have failed to contact David Graham, might add a message in the novel I'm currently writing to see if it gets through in whatever weird form of osmosis is going on. Got a hint today that my week alone in June will be a week puppy-minding. Hey ho. Walking tomorrow.










And now, despite it being Friday, I'm off to Longridge to take my mum to some doctor thing... hope to get some studio time tomorrow to finish off Tony Sawford's tribute track, assuming Andy gets me the guitar parts by then. Splendid!

No comments:

Post a Comment