Tuesday 31 May 2022

May slipping by

 Well, it is. I'm re-reading the Many Coloured Land series and realising how shallow and infantile my own writing is in contrast. I can see how I could improve but I'm quite lazy and set in my ways. Installed a 19" rack drawer beneath my Synthi (but above its keyboard) so I can slide the Lyra in and out. I'd wanted to put her somewhere near but lacked the space - then I remembered that slidey thing. Once the MS20 is back that corner becomes a perfect little musical environment with a very particular flavour. Looking forward to that. 

Played with some of the new paint yesterday, particularly taken with the gold. Soon I'll be ready to order another canvas but these tiny squares are keeping me amused and I've only used 10 of the 25 so lots to go. 


It's raining this morning (Wednesday) so I might get into the studio, but first I'm going to have another search for that missing Antarctica CD - I have the case but the CD ain't in it!

Bought a load of Hawkwind albums for a pal in the States who wanted them in 24-bit 96kHz format - sent them then discovered the format was slightly wrong and he has no way to convert them. So doing that this morning (Tuesday, 31st) and sending again. One of Tony Sawford's suggestions was the marvellous EZ CD Audio Converter which can do anything to anything. 
What else to record? Well, I did that interview for Andy G/Audion then revised it a few times, probably cos it's so rare anyone asks me questions these days that I wanted to give quality answers. Made me think too, which is good. Was our 34th wedding anniversary and mum's 82nd birthday. Mum, Janet and Lisa drove to Workington to look at a grave but I really didn't feel like over 4 hours in the back of a car while someone else drove, not given my vomit record lately and the volume of my family's chat.
Did a bit of work on novel too, not new chapters but a first run through some recent ones to make sure everything lines up. It seems to be working well at the moment with only a few outstanding questions I hope to resolve on the next pass. Some Synthi fun and work on a piece for Don but otherwise not much in the way of music produced. Pat going down for some Jubilee shite on Thursday, which will give me lots of lovely free contiguous time (and curry).  I think we're walking tomorrow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment