Thursday 1 September 2022

Tales of Summers Past

 Good album that. Strikes me this Summer is going the way of the rest, was dark at half eight tonight. Progress on novel halted and creativity generally suffering due to stress of doing objections to this planning for our little field. I learned a few things about SuDS and have arranged to meet with planning officer from council on Friday. The committee seems to want me to speak up for us but we'll see. I read a pretty weaselly thing from LCC's flood officer basically withdrawing all their objections but injecting a bunch of conditions - you'd think they were working for the housing company sometimes. I looked up the guy on LinkedIn and he's been in post only a year, worked three more in another council post so perhaps that's why he's unaware of historical flooding in the area. Anyway, going to try and learn more about all the local drains tomorrow. Well, after taking my mum to have her eye drops. No walk this week and starting to feel lazy and in need of one. Got concrete and drain covers so can start some work when weather nice. Hey ho.

Today is the end of August, Colin informs me that Phil would've been 60. I never remember things and feel rather shit because of it. I'm listening to the remastered version of Excession and feeling all misty-eyed. 

The last few days have seen good progress on the novel, finally got a number of things down that have been whirring around my mind, including a rather silly metaphorical statement from our heroic samurai chick. Yeah, lizards, apocalypse, samurai chicks and (failed) zombies - every cliche you can think of is in there, well every one I could think of. 
This week we have to get skip sorted, remove all the hard core, have soil come and make a flat surface for all the surface grid things.

Thursday, a weird day. Our Clare's killer on front page of the Mail, then heard our letter to United Utils seems to have helped in that they have agreed to look further into the matter and delay the decision. It's something to know people will listen - going to try LCC's new flood guy next. Got back from a good walk up Ingleborough to learn Mark Shreeve has died. That's a real shocker - Mark was a great guy, surely the best out of the UK EM scene, talented and successful and one who was there at the start along with Ian, myself and a few others. I will be playing Redshift albums tomorrow, well, after filling the skip. 










No comments:

Post a Comment