Saturday 18 February 2023

Back to the Lakes, Osmose Update, Switcher Pedal

 Fun couple of days. Finally got back to the Lakes for a good walk - Tuesday was supposed to be the only decent day but actually Wednesday, as I type, is pretty lovely. Missed walking with Izzy and Broc yesterday but Pat and Janet seemed to do OK without me so good for them to bond a bit, hopefully. My feet a bit sore today but otherwise I'm fine. 

I deleted that Jim Kirkwood stuff - skimmed a few more and it was just all too much. I chuckled through a Mark Shreeve interview in which he declared his disdain for music written about pixies. At the time I wondered if he meant me but it certainly applies to Jim's entire output, as far as I can tell. I should have stopped writing about Hobbits and moles and remade Rubycon instead, heh. Seriously, I wonder what that version of Marke would have made of the first Redshift album? 

Wednesday I updated the Osmose and the silent patch (Choir Additive) now works - nice too. There's also a tool for backing up and restoring user presets, so I now have a copy of the hundred plus I've compiled. The thing is sounding and playing great - tomorrow the switcher pedal arrives so I can seamlessly route the Osmose to either the DD-20 or Cosmos. That way one looper won't pollute the other as things get dense and crazy enough. Listening through the Field Lines Cartographer album I got again and it's growing on me a bit. Dismissed af first because it was a bit like those days when I first got the DD-20 and had stuff decaying forever in it. Which I then realised I still do to an extent so should love it more. All that echoey, loopy mulch tha could be quite engaging if he made it more musical but I should listen to more albums as the one I bought might be a lesser work, god knows I've released plenty of those myself! ;) Sold more albums so bought some stuff from Cosmonauttransfer which was really good and someone else, Phantasmasomething, which was not great - very annoying vocoder all the way through. Got more recommendations too which I'm working through - Hypnotica (seems good) and Portland Vows (not listened properly yet). Pascal's releasing tracks in large numbers, all individual rather than albums. 






Hahahaa... when that magic shortbread kicks in five hours after you took it and after you'd given up on it. So instead of when in the studio playing Osmose, it's watching telly with Pat and wondering if she's noticed. Challenge set!

Right, it's Saturday and I'm hoping to sneak in a Friday afternoon-type sesh. Spent most of yesterday driving for a one hour Vivaldi concert by four girls, one of whom was pretty good. There were botanical gardens too, basically rusting Victorian greenhouses full of dead or dying plants. I'll end this important entry with some photos then get myself going. Next week I hope to order the Zoom camera but only if I can get the lighting sorted - will ask Tim for ideas as I plan to replace the horrible strip light with something better and he's far more into such things than I.










No comments:

Post a Comment