Thursday 2 February 2023

Sober Saturday Deletion, Endless Music Excretion

 Yeah, yesterday's noodles were an indication I was more than moderately drunk - one of the difficulties of coping without weed. I think I should chuck that manky shortbread too, not doing anyone any good. Anyway, deleted the shite I made yesterday, hope to do better today with Tim. I should probably not have done the dice thing and concentrated on S3 as it was newly setup and ready to go. My bad, as I think someone illiterate might say. 





 No Tim yesterday, he's got a cold, Tony Allgood tells me he's got covid and is really rough so may be a while before we catch up - very curious how he gets on with the Waldorf Iridium keyboard. Anyway, I rolled a '2' and added some MS20/Synthi to Friday's lame efforts, did a wholly ambient mix and now listening. It's better, but then my taste seems to run to ambient more often than not now, making it a weird decision to buy that RD9. The 404 fitting nicely into S2, processing and optionally sampling the output from the MS20/Night Sky and Synthi. The Behringer line mixer probably overkill for the job but it works so will leave for now. 
Sunday, went to mum's to solve her virus problem, fingers crossed it'll stay sorted. She in a tetchy mood, perhaps due to nurse telling her oxygen won't help - must have taken something for her to get in touch. Back tomorrow taking her to docs for another blood test. 
United Utils came to send their machine down to hack tree roots - had to go out so will check with Rachael/Danny later to see what they said. Pat's birthday. 
Can't decide whether to work on novel today or play the Osmose, may have to flip a coin as there are no two-sided die, heh.

Monday took mum for blood test, she was really struggling after the short walk from doctor's door to the car, gasping for breath, gulping for it more like. Later I planned to do some music but ended up tidying the pile of CDRs in the studio to free up that metal shelf for the Odyssey and storage space for currently unused stuff. Found some interesting music to explore including quite a lot of Binar/STDM - jams and unreleased tracks. First one I picked to listen to sounds excellent so there's a few hours of exploration required. Update: lots and lots of good stuff, some of which is released I now realise but a great deal isn't. Of the released stuff, I think there may have been tweaks and overdubs but these are the raw jams. Actually the raw jams might be a bit better than the released versions as they aren't quite so packed with samples and cleverness. 

It's been a good week musically and it's only Thursday. I did a cheery thing in D that has a tune I keep whistling, so a good sign. Then Tim and I knocked up 'Rupert' which was a full on Krautrocky guitary thing that we both did decent mixes of. The perfect mix is still to be done, as always, but all good. I might do something later. Installed Pat's video doorbell which I suspect will be a PITA but we'll see. Proper answer is still to fix that blind that I broke and sellotaped up again. 





No comments:

Post a Comment