Monday 15 February 2010

Meandering Monday

Which is to say, I didn't do much. Briefly experimented with Ableton which is so much better than Logic for putting together loops without caring about the tempo. Alas Apple Loops are in a CAF format it can't see. Wonder why cos mostly they are audio files with some extra info in them, as far as I can tell. The ones I've made myself work fine in Live.
Experimented with Logic's filter and compressors for side-chaining. Not bad results although it seems, hope this ain't true, that I can't use MIDI instruments as side chain inputs, only audio tracks. That would be bloody annoying since they all go through the same mixer so have to read the manual or ask yet another stupid question on the forum. Seems to be all I do.
Exchanged a few whiney messages with some NI guy about Absynth and I sorta ended up telling him that a large proportion of the Absynth database is full of sucky sounds nobody except a twisted armpit fluff sniffer would consider useful. Actually I put it kinder than that but so far all the NI stuff has proved to be a big waste of money. Had I not bought Omnisphere I'd have had almost nothing to go on and would be hard programming patches each night just to get a basic palette of useable stuff together.
Enough whining for one night.
No reply from Mr Library so just tossed it off Monday evening. Started that Dan Brown book Pat got yonks ago. So far it's the same formula as before, same stiff writing style too. But it passes the time. Gonna need reading glasses soon though... :(

No comments:

Post a Comment