Thursday 18 February 2010

Pulling finger out

Well, a bit. I realise I could wait weeks for a response re: my chilled exotica tracks so rather than spend my time poking around the corners of Logic/Live/Softsynths, I've joined another library where you can upload stuff yourself and get going. Carl uses it and he's doing great - it also frees me a little to do my own thing. Initially gonna use the tracks not quite up to scratch for the other library but having a place to put things means I now have an impetus to record new things for it.

Should go to bank today and sort business account but feel I should work on this instead. Wrote basic biog and looked at my PRS stuff for getting ISWC number. Think I understand it all.
Started a FSOL-ish track yesterday in Ableton, roughly called Papa's New Guinea Pig. Should probably tone down the silly titles.

Carl has helped a lot - his stuff is brill and in a totally different way to Paul's. It's closer to what I could manage although I have a long way to go to catch up. He ain't bogged down with this copy and paste of sampled performance thing, which appeals to me. So that's how I'll approach this library too - will dare to be more original there.

Cirklon making interesting progress but I guess, even if nobody except me knows about this blog, I shouldn't reveal how much.

No comments:

Post a Comment