Friday 1 September 2017

The Book is done

Well, as I type this it actually isn't - but hey, did I say you were meant to believe every word of this? We're gathering the few final photos, making last minute text tweaks and are due for a full, final read-through in the next day or so. It's been hard work but I think the result will be well worth it, indeed I know it will. Now working on Bogus Realities vol. 4-6, sketching the plot and so on. Have solved a number of issues I should have sorted out before starting any.

No refund yet from Gear4music but hopefully soon. I may buy another case but whenever I look, can't see a better option than the Doepfer with PSU3. Mind you my old one with PSU2 is still working fine now I'm properly watching the power requirements (and keep strange stuff like the DLD out of it).

Using the OP-1 to feed the Morphagene is proving to be the ultimate combination. Might even need another Pressure Points. Odd that it's quite difficult to set up precisely so you can reliably jump between green fwds and green reverse, at least it seems fiddly to me. I did suspect the voltages coming out of Pressure Points though, maybe I need to look into that. Fluctuations no good.

Got 2 CDs by Carbon Based Lifeforms. How did I never hear these guys before? Excellent. The new Tom Waits has grown on me considerably too.
Finished my friend's book. It does get better but I don't know if I can bring myself to write an Amazon review. I wonder if that's the reason people don't review mine - cos there are too many bits they cringe over? Just shows how useful an editor would be, I've definitely thought this about my own work.

Twitchy Leg Syndrome meant I was up in the early hours. Amazing how many of my friends are also awake at 3am. Even sorted a module delivery with Joerg who also appears to be an insomniac.

Getting some modules back to Berlin, funnily enough I didn't read one of Colin's emails properly but I could have taken them personally! Seems I'm visiting, driving and doing the Hull-Rotterdam thing, something I swore never to do again. Jeez I'm disorganised!

Friday tomorrow. I got a new flashy light thing (a cheap plastic monstrosity but with loads of LEDs and sound to light - gotta be a new Youtube video out of that!). Seems like I'm being talked into Superbooth again but not sure yet...

Blew over £100 on just 10 new Synthi pins. Did I complain about that already? Madness. I wonder if I can get Tony to fix some of my old, non-working ones.

Here's the slightly-updated cover of Bogus Realities. Still needs superior artwork but this is mine, now improved by Tim's more arty text layout, cheers dude!





No comments:

Post a Comment