Friday 22 September 2017

Church of Sound

Well, I'm planning to stop off at Picko's on the way over, been a while since we had a good natter and it seems daft not to call in as I'm passing. I decided that I really don't need to take the Synthi as, during this afternoon's 'connect everything to the gig mixer' session, I was hardly using it. Half the time, noises I thought were the Synthi actually came from the Lyra or the Microgranny 2 (admittedly I have some Synthi samples in there). Throw in the OP-1 and the effects and I can travel light and still do cool stuff for half an hour. Makes life easier.

Did not start any review stuff yet. So that's Friday and the weekend so it's ready for David on Monday. SOS came but nothing of interest in it for me. I wonder if they'll keep sending it.

POST GIG:

It went well, really enjoyed the playing and having proper control over the sound, being able to hear etc. Someone said they were surprised that I was the most experimental of the three, which is cool. Brill sets by Martyn and Peter, could have listened to both of them for hours.

One of Jez's pix - I think he did a room recording and some video which I'll look out for. Should have recorded it myself but good to let the universe have this one.
The drive down was awful - lots of waiting on the M6, rain, frustration. The return was worse in a way because part of the M1 was shut then the A50 was closed and there was this stupid detour I always seem to get plagued with. Got home just after 1am knackered. Still, Friday today and will get on with the module I have. Chatted with Stevo about him doing modular reviews, very optimistic about that and hoping he'll get stuck in and enjoy doing it. Picko played me some awesome music and blew my mind with his ideas about pulsars, aliens, Russians and just about every other topic he could cram into the hour and a half we spent together. Should do it again sometime, if it weren't for my dislike of driving.
Right, at least it won't take too long to put studio back together. This minimal thing is definitely worth pursuing. If COS were closer I'd happily do another, perhaps with a couple of Elektron boxes ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment