Friday 29 September 2017

Retired!

Monday
Yes, it actually felt like it today (retirement), even if I did get up early and send in a module review.

It rained all morning and I sat reading, without a care. With people actually reading my books now, and even sending feedback, I'm flushed with excitement and creativity. Also completed sniffing through Bogus Realities to highlight yet more errors that needed sorting. Sadly, I didn't start marking them from the start so have missed a few. Pretty sure I missed some because I didn't do it in a different colour, doh! So one day at least one more pass will be required. Anyway, submitted version 1.1 today and did almost nothing else. Hoping my ankle will improve soon, not been to gym for weeks.

My Irish passport application delayed because mum has lost (or thrown away) dad's birth certificate.
Apparently I need to replace my old pink driving licence. Trouble is the new ones have the EU flag on, something I'd love to keep but which I suspect will also need replacing once the fucking nutters actually drive us over the cliff.

Wednesday
Book update available - realised I should have added 'also by this author' or something similar.
Dawn here tonight, Tim here at weekend, Diana keeps insisting she 'must come visit', it's good to be popular.
Pat, reading the Daily Mail Online, tells me there's a giant rat in the Pacific capable of breaking coconuts with its teeth. Who says that organisation never dispenses useful news?
My driving licence is OK.
Got letter from HMRC refunding the UPS refund I already received. Don't wanna upset tax man so dropped them a line saying UPS already accepted their error, so chill. All this cos some stupid jobsworth wouldn't listen to what I was saying. Sigh.

Friday

I thought that I should really work on short stories and had a few ideas while out walking the dog. I could do a collection that stands alone but (my old idea) is part of a larger whole, telling a complete story collectively. This would let me deal with some clean-up parts of Bogus Realities and force me to be concise about it. We'll see how it goes. I'm starting to acquire too many sketches, ideas and general scraps to use effectively if I don't actually start something! I can only keep this stuff in my head for so long before it's replaced.

Oh well, it's almost time to consume the remainder of last night's Thai takeaway (green curry) and contemplate doing a half-decent recording of the little thing I started yesterday afternoon. Working entirely with the Octatrack at the moment, the A4 providing some simple support but I'm starting to ponder the idea of using the OT's MIDI half - probably a foolish notion - but the forthcoming probability thing seems to make it a better idea for driving a single synth, like say a Perfourmer, then putting it through the OT effects... I know, I know. I'm *not* thinking about more gigs.

I notice muffs is still down and they are being quite po-faced about the many suggestions people are making for more PC names for the forum. It always seemed to be some kind of adolescent sniggerfest stretched too far - and I say that having written the novels I have!!!
Anyway, over coffee, I knocked up some alternate suggestions of my own ready to contribute, but the fb thread got wiped. Ah well:

KnobNudger.com
CableCrackler.com
PotPootler.com
CaseCrammer.com
NerdNerdler.com
GeekFreaker.com
VoltCalculator.com
NoiseNurturer.com
FannyDreamers.com
TurtleHurtlers.com


OK, absolutely nothing worth adding. My photos from yesterday's walk are all shit. That 'definitely not smart' phone camera is the worst I've had and nothing comes out sharp enough to use. Arse! :(

Later, there was this: https://soundcloud.com/smokyfrog/thenewcascade




No comments:

Post a Comment