Tuesday 5 September 2017

The Elektron Loop

It occurred to me, again, the other day, how much time I spend (waste?) using my Elektron gear. Nothing else eats time for so little tangible benefit. I realised this when, after spending ages working on a single pattern/sound combination on the A4, I quickly moved over to the P3/Perfourmer and achieved something much cooler in seconds. The Perfourmer sound and interface is obviously killer and the P3 just does more interesting things than the A4 and its 4 tracks all running at the same speed, all going forwards.... hey you can parameter lock stuff, but you know, I rarely bother to. And when I do, I inevitably get confused about it later and go and wipe it all.
With the P3, making sequences is a joy; with the A4, sequencing is a battle through frustrating compromises. So I'm going to switch them both off (A4/OT) for a while and see if I miss them.

So there. I bet I've written something like this before.

Hope to get all my work on the book done before I go on my unexpected trip to Berlin!
Update: DONE! Marathon sessions, probably ruined my eyesight, but there at last.

Decided to replace some of my Blofeld samples then realised I'd lost the original file of mellotron samples - pestered poor Duncan for another copy. Weirdly, a Sledge 2 turned up for sale and I almost got carried away and bought it. Then I looked around and realised I'm full. Small stuff only now, that's the rule.

I've ordered a book written by another friend. He's written quite a lot though and I've intended to buy one several times without remembering.

Um... I'm just going outside. I may be some time.




No comments:

Post a Comment