Sunday 17 September 2017

The Waning

Some heated (FB) discussion last night about the poor attendance for today's Awakenings (the one they wanted me to go along to 'boost', as if I've ever boosted anything ;) ). Most notable to me was the fact that most of the participants have been following our weird, restricted brand of 'EM' for many decades. Many of these people have pretty fixed ideas about what they expect to hear and will turn out for, which is basically 'more of the same'. No wonder our scene is still dying the Long Death.

This reassures me that my decision to wind down live performances is the totally the right one. Would have been lovely to go out with a few good gigs (the Cherry Red thing was a big disappointment) and I find next week's Church Of Sound a strangely appropriate way for my 'career' to fizzle away like an old, damp firework. A long drive to play 30 minutes of aimless noodles, all the while thinking of the long drive home. Can't wait! Have found a suitable video though so that's something.

Today I have the builder around doing our wall, looking half dead. While making him brews I must start that module review, consider how I'm going to seal under the library skirting board to keep the slugs out and try and properly solve the damp wall problem. Sure am looking forward to that 'retirement'!!!

A glorious sunny Saturday and I've mostly spent it sitting around. Thank heavens for the OP-1 - a fantastic little companion for sitting around with. I swear its tape mode is the single most inspiring addition and I've made a cool ambient backdrop just by randomly recording, sampling stuff off the radio, overdubbing, reversing, recording some more. Just wonderful.

Today was a good day. Visited my mum (lots to say), picked up Harvey's Source, assembled the new TV stand, sealed the evil slugs out, put the light back on, delivered (all the, oops) apples, didn't deliver book (as filed ambiguously), thought about gig and remembered my OP-1 tape contents, now at -24. Hey presto, gig sorted. Here I play mad shit over the top, loops, MG2 and whatever I feel like:
https://soundcloud.com/smokyfrog/cos_1

Will maybe delete tomorrow. Gig video done. Bookshelves to move back, more episodes of Stranger Things, life is good even if I was on the move and missed this chimney tip!






Oh dear, a while later and I can barely put any weight on my left foot! No gym tomorrow. Old thing, going over on it, thought I'g got away with it, you pesky kids!
Update: Pat thinks I may have broken one of the little bones. Drinking again, bloody madness!
Update (Monday morning) - can still not walk on it at all. FUCK!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment