Wednesday 18 July 2012

Spent the morning working on tension beds with heartbeats. Thought I'd buggered the Modfactor too (swapped for the Filterbank 2) but managed to rescue it with the help of a file found on the Mac and the old laptop, the only thing that appears to be able to perform the update without screwing up. Note to self: don't try with MIDI again!!
This evening Pat working and I'm in between engagements. Tony and Colin here tomorrow, will try and get Elka fixed if poss rather than have it go away, plus will look at Synthi and get P2K power supply sorted. Feel a bit of a loose end. Should work on that infernal thang but I'll leave it until Sunday night I think. Need time to get in the mood for that one final push.
Enjoyed the Ideation gig so much am considering flogging the Octatrack. Life's so much easier without it and all it really does for me is play long static files. The rest of the stuff I can do easier with other gear and I really miss using the ESX-1 for its immediacy. It was very obvious when I was showing stuff off to David (Modfactor guy) that demoing the esx from scratch was easy and I never even considered trying to so the same for the Octa. Wish someone else would bring out a product that simply streamed long stuff from card, I'd go with that I think.
Or am I being foolish (again)?

No comments:

Post a Comment