Thursday 2 August 2012

Blimey, looks like the new Mophox4 could have been made for me. Have been pondering getting a Mopho keyboard anyway but the size of this thing is perfect for my needs, even has a space for one of my Eventides.  Fingers crossed I can get one for review and really put it through its paces.
Awaiting possible news of a Prophet 600 too. Hoped I had first refusal on it but there's a possible swap deal lined up first. It'll need some work from Tony and maybe get Colin to rewrite the OS and  improve the envelopes (confident huh?) but it's a decent little budget poly.
Yesterday recorded a strange piece for "And Darkness Falls" using Synthi, Biscuit, Digisound, 101 and Perfourmer. Oh and theremin and Octatrack. Using Logic as a basic multitracker works quite well and a bit of compression and automation of volumes (to smooth over some of the stranger notes I tried) seems to be all it needs. I bet it sounds shit today though. Stuff I improvise unstoned often does.
New Cirklon OS went live yesterday, no comments yet. Swing working well I think but does still need track-level opt-out. Hopefully other stuff can progress now.
Wrote an app review last night, feeling at a loose end. No replies from library company I wrote to, must try harder to find work. But hey, today is sunny!

Read some great Gore Vidal quotes today, my fave being: "Style is knowing who you are, what you want to say and not giving a damn." I shall continue to dress in identical chequed shirts and spout rubbish. :)


There's also "A writer must always tell the truth, unless he is a journalist." so I very much hope to remain a writer...


I'm so vein...


http://soundcloud.com/smokyfrog/hashtag

No comments:

Post a Comment