Monday 10 September 2012

May try my new album with that German label Paul was telling me about. Nowt to lose, it's done and I will put it on Bandcamp at some point, assuming I get some artwork done. Lost the PPG review, was promised to someone else. Hey ho, sent Wolfgang the few patches I've done so far in thanks.

Need to find something worthwhile to get on with. Pat finally went to docs and they're fast-tracking her to some neuro guy. Another CT scan. Trying to lock away the worries.

Mean to get on with the pretend brief but may take the evening off and work on chapters 22/23 and try and bring them back on track. Just shows I should have had all the plot points ironed out before starting as subtle adjustments now are proving time-consuming. Still, getting there.

Looking at all the Octatrack comments it's clear I'm not alone in my thoughts. I'm in a positive phase at the moment and I think it's because I have worked out what it is about the OT. It feels and works far better if you use it without swapping to do things on other gear. I now see the OT as being "reverse polarity" compared to everything else I have. Instead of True=(1=1), Elektron appear to work on True=(0=0). If you lose yourself in their mindset and stay there you can be productive. If you enter our universe then switch back to using it, your mind battles the two different, opposing forces and shorts out. Knowing this I'm getting far closer to adapting to its foibles but it'll never be a machine to improvise from scratch with, like Cirklon can be.

I must be being idle, that's quite a long blog entry.

I still hate my hair, or lack of it. Stupid, stupid, stupid...

No comments:

Post a Comment