Saturday 8 September 2012

Staffie Attack!

My normally quiet morning walk was rudely interrupted by an aggressive woman with her aggressive staffordshire bull terrier. It came straight up to Jasper, got in his face and Jasper foolishly tried his little "please leave me alone" growl. The thing attacked him. Jasper's never been great with confrontation so didn't know what to do, I stepped in and booted the dog out of the way. The woman then started screaming at me, calling me a pig and a lout and "how dare you kick my dog!". She continued screaming for a while that I should watch out and she'd be looking out for me. Brilliant!

I've discovered there's no reasoning with people who have just thrown themselves into a fully-fledged screaming fit. By coincidence, the next dog walkers I ran into (Max the old english) described one being attacked by the very same dog.

Hopefully the day will be calm and uneventful from now on...

No comments:

Post a Comment