Thursday 13 February 2014

Endlessly Distracted

Well, I'm still awaiting pickup of the "top secret" stuff that should have gone off on Tuesday. Today I spent a while extracting a load material from the China recordings plus sections from recent Headshock, mostly ambient sections. I decided to work on a new CF card in the Octatrack and once again I have the lengthy and tedious process of setting it up how I like. Why on earth has nobody made a software front-end for that thing?
I'm not using parts anymore, just a separate bank for each new thing. Knocked up a few quick patterns and corresponding Cirklon scenes named and with the tempo set so I can find them later and they sound right. As tempo is so vital to the way samples play it's drives me mad there's no simple way to do it in Octatrack but the arranger is a level of complication too far. Hell, parts are too!

I should be knuckling down but my early burst of work Monday/Tuesday seems to have taken the wind from my sails. What I really want to do is polish the novel. It's almost ready for a few readers maybe but I should tidy a few things first. And should I keep the "deleted scenes" or not? I took them out from FAF and BF but dunno this time...

Right, have to do some review work now or the day's been another meandering pootle.

No comments:

Post a Comment