Tuesday 4 March 2014

Frustrating day

It started well enough, polished off a short app review and got to the "almost complete" phase of a longer one. All was looking promising. Then I had a disaster with a new piece of kit and a microphone, my much-loved Rode NT1-A appearing to die after a few minutes use on phantom power from this new thing. Gutted I carried on but intend to take it to the place I got it tomorrow and see if they think it should go for repair or if there's owt I can do. I'm a total dunce when it comes to mics which is why this one delighted me so much.

Used an old AKG mic I had and took some notes for the review but it's hard to be positive since I'm missing the Rode. In the end I achieved less today than I should and I'll do an hour or so this evening to try and get back on track. Don't really want to waste the time tomorrow driving to Red Scar but there you go.

Restored my old iPad so Pat can have it with the apps I already have. A bit of faffing with authorisation, not sure why, but hopefully she'll get some use out of it.

Had hoped to do some music this week but it's looking unlikely now. The sun is shining but it's still quite cold...

No comments:

Post a Comment