Sunday 14 September 2014

A4 ponderments

Still being tempted by my old OT back. When I work with the A4 and realise how much easier it is to use, I wonder if I could stand to go back to the illogical operations of the OT?

so I started a new bank, all new kits, new performance defs. Learning from past experience the banks now follow on. Their keys and kits evolve from a common origin. Performances now offering two synth transformations for each of the 4 tracks. Add two FX tweaks and performances make sense again. The way they all interacted before could be mind-blowing and counter-productive. This fast and easy -did full bank of new patterns, all generated on Cirklon or played in manually. Started the next bank too, copying some of the instruments for continuity but adding new ones.

Overdubbing stuff into A4 patterns is really useful. Combining several different patterns by sending different bits of them to a new pattern is producing some great new sequences. So a good day. The evening I plan to do a chapter or two of the main 'quest' section. Will see if I'm in the mood.


I started a painting. Not there yet but some reasonable ideas. More practice required, still treating acrylics like oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment