Friday 19 September 2014

Small Pleasures

A lovely day, lunch with Pat then time in the studio, recorded a noodle:

https://soundcloud.com/smokyfrog/whatsgoinon

This is the first part of a sketch of a new thing. Later I recorded some Radias sequences and was delighted to be reminded the envelopes work properly. So Korg DO know how to do it. Why cock up on the Volcas, the Prophecy, the software MonoPoly? God I'm an old moaner.

Feel slightly deflated by the Scottish 'no'. Seems we're going to have to fight our own battles rather than hope someone else will cause a revolution. Ah well, money wins. Fear and insecurity are hard cash in people's minds.

To think I almost sold the Radias too. That thing is way more powerful than it looks, a mixed bag of synthesis, effects per track, oh I'm repeating myself aren't I? Had a relaxing afternoon, you'll get the mood if you listen to the track. Had been listening to Conrad Schnitzler, fab album Endtime. Kinda poignant and as important in his way as Jackson Pollock.


No comments:

Post a Comment