Thursday 16 October 2014

PRS and more plodding on...

So again I was pleasantly surprised by the PRS payout and feel like I should knuckle down and do more tracks while energised. The split this time was about 50/50 between overseas (IIRC Japan, South Korea, Australia, Canada, Norway and the US) and UK TV, mostly channel 5. I'm getting a lot of play on a program about horrible neighbours and we even tried to watch some of it last night but it's way too depressing...

Anyway, this morning I began the day musically. I watched a girl bounce her boobs to Mozart's Eine Kleine Nachtmusik then I listened to goats performing the theme from Game of Thrones. Who says social media is killing culture?

I'm back from walking Jasper now, resisting the urge to check the many photos I took of autumn leaves. Cumbria had some lovely aurora last night and I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever see it myself. Will have to get off my arse and hit the M6 one night I suppose but that's a bit random.




Sent in a review yesterday, started another which is going to take some reading up but I've made a start and have some patches to develop. Alas, Mozart's 10th piano concerto has just popped up on radio 3 and it's one I'm not familiar with so I may just have to listen. I don't know many of his early symphonies either but it seems he took a while to master the form. Mind you if Beethoven had died at 35 he would have been just another promising young man. And if Schubert had lived as long as 35, what works would those extra 4 years have yielded? Deep and important questions while I drink my morning cup of tea.

The fact I'm writing a blog seems to indicate procrastination. Again. Ah well...

Time for a random picture to round off.


No comments:

Post a Comment