Saturday 25 October 2014

So I weakened and bought a few things...

It started innocently enough with a new 10u rack. I was thinking I could take out the 7u one with Cirklon/P2K/MW2/VF-1 in it. Seeming like I probably will keep Cirklon in one place so the 7u giggable rack could have a few different things in it, such as P3/Radias/Freebass/rx1202. As always the Radias is a pain but gonna look into the possibility of doing flat cables, power supply is the worst there but Tony will help.

Having started spending on a small scale, I bought an Alesis Micron. Had always wanted a 3 octave keyboard that was as neat as possible and also made noises. More knobs and a USB output would've been the icing on the cake but I don't seriously see myself ever using the iPad seriously on stage. Maybe if I ever settle on a docking station but nothing really impresses me there. The Micron was the price I'd set myself to pay if one ever showed up, although it was in London so there's postage too. Hoping the main encoder ain't a dog as I recall that worrying me when I reviewed it. Still, lots of people are coping with that so I can too. Looking forward to programming some big drones, long envelope whooshes etc. plus a set of my usual sounds. After that it'll probably go the way of the Blofeld and just do the same noises most of the time. :)

To round it off I went for the Streichfett. I've almost bought one a number of times and was waiting for the SOS review just to see what it said. Got fed up of waiting, which is a pity. So many people are ahead of the mag now, it's like when the reviews do come out lots of my mates have already given me detailed reports. We should be faster!

Went to see Hawklords on Thursday night, guys were on good form. Alas I got quite drunk, went off with some folks from my home town and ended up quite ill. I really am too old for this. Wasted all day Friday feeling ill and sorry for myself. Pat gave me exactly as much sympathy as I deserve.

Still no weed. Having lots of dreams as a result.

Spent the afternoon playing in the studio, everything sounding good. Will be ready when Tim's around, hopefully soon. Lots of things I want to record with, the Mini doing its thing, the CS30, the Juno. His new mixer should have two buses so we can give him two separate stereo channels. Will remove one of the Yamaha sets as I really don't use it. Should sell that desk really, it's so big.

I now have three new A4 projects full of stuff to play. It's nice to return to them and gradually tweak and improve each one but knowing they'll be the same next time. Never really had that with the separate sequencer/hardware, mostly because I constantly overwrite all my sounds. :) I've rewritten the first 16 Radias patches about a hundred times, never actually listening to any of the others. Dopey oi!





No comments:

Post a Comment