Thursday 22 April 2021

Chillage

 Well, for a few days I'm by myself as Pat takes advantage of rule relaxation to go see the wee man. I bought in quite a bit of beer and stinky pizza so should survive without even leaving the house, even if I need to keep the windows open. Some more of the 'Gas Giant' tracks to do but no hurry. Seems to have started well enough so far. 
Woke up this morning wondering about strengthening a plot line - would it be clear to readers about the importance to the lizards of killing my ex-soldier? I put in clues but did I put in enough? Added a couple of lines to hopefully hint a bit louder, ready for next reprint. Have asked John, who gave an extensive critique, to see what he thinks. 

Wouldn't it be great if, by just doggedly keeping at it, I'd get better? My books dwarf those of my hero in size alone (helped by the fact I use 12pt for my printing).

Really chuffed to hear new oil lamp here tomorrow, hopefully Tim too. Will have to set up in dark half and see if we need Colin's firmware fix to sort the speed. Tuesday, recorded two separate pieces but several versions of the first, one mixing two keys in what I hope is an interesting way. Stoned as I type so maybe my version of interesting unique ;) Sweet day. Now listening back while pizza warms up. Sun shining, jigsaw beckoning, gin and tonic, well, why not? 


Well the projector didn't come until Thursday but it's jolly nice. Friday and a new gas giant track in progress, seems promising. Coming on well. 

It's a week later. Not blogged much although I did a 2 hour Cirklon geek chat online, which left me awake until the early hours, presumably due to unaccustomed neurons being roused from their slumber. 

If I begin to write very long and judgemental/analytical sentences then you should blame Edgar Froese. I'm reading his autobiography and am thoroughly captivated by it. Indeed, I shudder to think what, if anything, he thought of me that day when, tasked by the Jenkinbeast, I posed as something-or-other from some norther radio station or publication (I forget the exact nature of the deception) and asked a series of questions, recording them into one of the beast's non-working DAT machines. Oh well. 

Pat's home tomorrow after being away most of the week with Carole doing horsey things. I haven't done as much recording as I'd hoped - just one sketchy track begun - and might have a crack this evening, just to see if I can pencil in some edges of the sketch. It's a lovely sunny day and even now, after seven, it's very pleasant to sit and read. But I've eaten a great deal of curry this week and plan to make something nice for us both tomorrow night. I feel like there's something more to write but can't, for the life of me, think what it might be. I'll paste in some photos instead. Friday tomorrow but going to take it easy as I've had a heavy week. Also, my wobbly little belly is starting to branch out on its own, as if seeking pastures new in its frantic expansion. If I don't curb myself, it might needs its own blog. 







No comments:

Post a Comment