Wednesday 13 October 2021

Old Man River

 Well it's Tuesday, I'm 60 years old and have been up half the night hearing poor Pat throw up. She seems to have picked up the winter nurovirus, probably at the horse thing the other day. I dunno if I'll get it but hope not as it's pretty unpleasant. Spent the day doing jigsaws and counting bottles of alcohol arriving. Treats from my sister, Pat, Dawn and Margaret, all splendid and very nice of them. Hadn't expected to reach this great age. My favourite chair broke too, a bolt snapped. Have done a temporary repair. 

Yesterday's walk was cut short as the norovirus I thought I'd escaped hit home. So I basically drove to Ullswater then almost immediately drove back again, feeling bad and also bad that I'd wasted Tony's day (and potentially infected him). Felt rough all night but today am just weary and weak. Didn't have the throwing up phase that Pat got, just the nausea and weakness. Today I've been listening to some JIC and the stuff we recorded in Spain - Phil's mellow guitar trumping my grumpiness as it happened. 




Although it's Friday I feel pretty weedy so doubt I'll do a lot except sit around. 

Saturday night and I'm watching repeats of Kenny Everett, yep, what can I say? Earlier I recorded yet more lengthy ambient chilloot stuff. The piano loop was doing something amazing only minutes before I started recording. 
https://wilyepeyote.bandcamp.com/track/xipero-2

May be deleted soon (update, it has - Paul E fancies working on it and turning it into something). Oh yes, felt a bit more like drinking beer today. And some of that nice whisky and orange. 
It's now Wednesday and I feel my appetite returning. Have been weedy this last few days but hopefully that pretty much done too. Relearning some horse stuff for when needed. 

Oh yes the Strymon Big Sky arrived on Monday and I've been exploring it - very easy to get around and some nice/different algorithms. It has an excellent spring reverb and proper spooky/weird stuff like chorale (vocal effect), as well as some lovely ambience verbs, very different to either the BAM or Space. Throw in Magneto and a shimmery pitch shifted reverb and it could be the most versatile reverb I've got. Have been programming some patches on it just to learn what it can do and should record something soon. A good companion for the Super 6 and Memotron in particular.

Hilarious, just got an email from GAK saying they have a Big Sky for me - could've saved £50. Oh well.

I made a video showing how to use the BB gratuitously. And an even longer one.

Soon it will be Friday. Not tomorrow though. 





No comments:

Post a Comment