Monday 18 October 2021

Sober Saturday Solemnities

 Yesterday I must have indulged more than usual but I got a 15 min ambient track (mysterious noise) which Paul E wants to work on, so result! Felt a bit rough first thing then got the gobsmacking news from Dan that my friend Carl had died yesterday. It's on the BBC local page - basically his house blew up! It's a lot to take in and, despite our estrangement of late (Carl was a Brexit supporter so conversation got difficult), it's hard not to think back through our Amsterdam trips and remember those friends and friendships that have passed. 

This morning I cleaned the rest of the curry off the wall - it's in the shadowy space next to the bathroom door so hopefully will not be noticed. No idea how I managed to do that! Pat's extending her Wales trip by a day so I guess I could get more beer for tonight, or give my body a rest. Talked to Dawn this morning on Facetime and she seems to be doing OK with her covid compared to many, so that's a relief. The isolation means they won't be coming at the end of the month though, and I know Pat was really looking forward to William being here. What a crock eh?

Anyway, here are some photos of synths from yesterday. Seems the absinthe led me to watch some very shit TV.







 Carl's tale gets murkier. 

This is a post from his brother Dan...
There was an explosion at a house in Friday where I am devastated to say, my brother Carl was killed. I have just discovered that four hours before the explosion, Carl sent a whistleblower email detailing police corruption and made public details about his abusive neighbour who appears to have had police protection. Here is a link to what Carl posted. Please copy and share it before it is taken down

https://kirkbyave.com/

Seems like it could be the end of a long, nasty and ongoing campaign. 
It's Monday morning and I think I'm going for a walk. Got new TD 'sessions' album and enjoying so far. I should put TD in quotes too, I suppose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment