Monday 4 October 2021

Rain and no walk

 Been working on some collab stuff with Paul E - didn't want to spoil what is already good stuff and resorted to Logic for the first part, skipped the second and straight to the third. Had to trim file so the Octatrack triggers nicely - never could do that properly in the OT itself for some reason. That shitty little screen not as good as V-Synth for that kinda thing. Firing up the Volcano to try and avoid the cheesefest that's naturally occurring but oh so wrong. 

Well have tried for a few days and recorded a few things that sorta fit but the trouble is it's always better without them. The more I hear that sequence going round, the fewer ideas occur so have to give it a rest - pining to do my own stuff. Threw a 4 today so started something called Funkia, which is less funky than you'd hope for. Friday tomorrow so hope to throw a different number and have a change of gear, ideally to using Cirklon for a bit as I was missing it. Also think I'll chuck out the Electribe sampler for a bit and bring in another drum machine, probably the Tanzbar as that's usually quite inspiring. 

Did another 'gear I like', the JD-XA



 Friday again and I fancy some noodling. Just checked on the new novel and it's almost at the 18,000 word mark heading in directions I hadn't planned. I mean, I certainly didn't see it coming that Scotland has the Black Death. Darn inconvenient for my heroes wanting to lay low there. 

Having fun watching Swiss Miss, a Laurel & Hardy film I don't think I ever saw before. There must be loads actually but always had a soft spot for the lads.
Made some progress with Paul's track today, not there yet but some small shoots of hope. Recorded two versions of Funkia, neither of which sound great this morning (Saturday). 
Already deleted the first, second probably next...

https://wilyepeyote.bandcamp.com/track/funkia-2
https://wilyepeyote.bandcamp.com/track/funkia

Pat gone swimming, still on the G&T. Will we get to book signing tomorrow? I wonder. Turns out she didn't go swimming after all, possible I was drunk when she came home. 
Well now, it's Monday morning and a decent-looking day. Pat struck down with cystitis again, poor mare, she's properly fed up and lying down in front room. 
Yesterday I did a couple more (entirely different) versions of Funkia - the one that's basically the 25 and 32 bar piano pieces looping is the only one I expect to keep, with just one extra part, the quiet pad with the odd chord in the middle. I realise I've neglected the PE bits. 
Last night Pat went to bed early so I stayed up, got a bit stoned, wrote some more novel - leaping ahead of the parts I suppose I should write to get somewhere more interesting. Simple pleasures. Will probably look at it today and delete..
Got tree men coming this week so that'll disturb the poor sparrows, but at least we'll be back to a decent level to start again next year. 

Fancy going for a walk but should probably stay here in case Pat needs owt. I'm 60 tomorrow, which is sorta amazing. 






No comments:

Post a Comment