Saturday 29 June 2013

A night on the GGs

OK,GG in this case being Gordon Giltrap. The guy gets better, which really should not be possible. It's been a few years since I saw him but still in awe. Still telling the same jokes too.

Saw a little of Rolling Stones on BBC2, can't say they quite caught my imagination but I'll record it and watch it at my leisure along with all the other footage. Thank heavens for fast forward as my Humax seems to have selectively left out bits of the schedule. I expect I'll be moaning about it gently as and when I get chance to watch.

Review to finish tomorrow, maybe Monday but it's mostly written. Need to start the software one but that's short. Oddly, the company ain't replying any more, since my (usual) 'envelopes' moan. Sigh.

Wondering when the little MS20 is gonna turn up. Also wondering when my theremin is coming back, almost a month since my last message saying it would be on the way, nothing since despite efforts. Weird.

Novel still at a point where I don't want to go too far ahead until I resolve all the background stuff. Made real progress yesterday in two important areas but there's still a blockage to push past so it'll flow freely. A few things have happened and I'm not totally sure why, plus something is about to happen and even I am not sure who's going to be responsible. The more characters I have the more I have to think about each one, even when they're "off camera", which slows everything down. I'm seriously thinking of making the third another first person because they're such a breeze to write. Mind you I just read a PG Wodehouse and I see how the English language should be written.

At the GG gig, no I've not suddenly started stuttering, someone came up and introduced himself. A classmate of mine I haven't seen for, um, about 35 years. He used to play drums, now plays guitar. I remember his saying in latin: whey hey bantissimus suntis estis. Why I remember this I don't know, what it means I don't care. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment