Sunday 23 June 2013

Back home after a great party

Could have been the best party I ever attended, which is saying something. At a secret location and with invited guests there were some incredible performances, great weather (tiny bit of rain but lots of sun), wonderful people and so nice to have company for the trip too. I could gush but then I'd have to clean it up.





The top photo is the barn where I played, definitely the place I wanted to be. Played early so was able to party later although Oood were meant to be on the main stage so I didn't get a huge audience. Fortunately they started late so I could see their performance - excellent. As were Spacehopper, assuming I remembered their name right, and Akahum, again probably not spelt correctly. Actually, now I look at them, all three of these pix are from the barn. I didn't take many! Didn't party too hard, had planned to on Friday night but some faffing on the main stage scuppered that. Must replace my Behringer mixer - thank heavens for Astrodruid who lent me his Mackie. You meet the absolute best people at these things. Anyway, my set went well - better where it was than at 01:30 where I'd have been in between two full-on DJs! Octatrack only did one weird thing - seemed to be playing the wrong sample, however it's possible I'd accidentally hit Cue on a previous pattern for track 1, routing the signal to the non-connected Cue outputs. I really don't think that slow flash is visible enough for such a vital feature as I've missed it before. Doesn't usually matter as the Xone VF-1 is connected to the thru output then routed right back in so in the studio I'd never noticed. A bit naff how track mutes and cue settings are maintained through the whole project rather than per pattern or at least scene. End of moan. Wish I'd recorded it, some nice spontaneous SH-101 sequences and noodles, at least I thought so.

Julia Bradbury looking lovely on Countryfile today, just thought I'd share that.

Phew, got through the assessment stage. Glad they could read my writing! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment