Friday 14 June 2013

A warm but wet Friday

I created an author page on Amazon and rattled off a biography, which I should, but probably won't, revisit sometime. This is it, prepare to be underwhelmed. In it I mention the existence of this blog, which could prove to be a mistake given the shite I tend to write in it. Probably not ideal for attracting folks to my stoner prose. Ah well. Oh, I said "this is it"...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/-/e/B00DD620OW

Today I did very little, again. Couldn't start review as I don't have an iLok dongle - hope to get one sorted. Also no point starting the other review - just not enough in there to warrant the words, makes me wonder whether some things are developed entirely in a vacuum.

Still looking for a cool little analogue synth with a MIDI out so I can use it with Cirklon. Best bet could be getting Colin to work his magic on my SH-101 but perhaps now he has an MS20 mini there's a chance there. The Minibrute would've been OK if it had a longer keyboard although I'm not mad keen on the square shape. Other option was Alesis Micron but I think editing it would drive me mad. New Cirklon OS installed, some tweaks to Ck edit but for me still not a delight to use. Managed to kill all the rogue volume events thanks to Colin and his useful diagnostic page. Cirklon and Octatrack becoming a slick little rig, add Proteus and Perfourmer and a keyboard as an input device and I'm sorted for the gig next weekend. Can do it all spontaneously enough - not going to plan it, have a few long static samples I can kick off anytime if I want some relaxing time. Must find out where it is!

Today I got to the end of my second volume of Calvin and Hobbes. One more to read, chuckle with, reflect on and marvel at. Looks like a weekend with no actual work/deadlines again. I'll cope somehow. :)

Pat's cooking the lamb I was given for returning that dog. It smells amazing. I'm a vegetarian in principle but my principles are so damn flexible they're more like goals really, something to aim vaguely at (if I understand the principles correctly) but not be a slave to. Or was that morals?

Obviously a quiet day given this wordy entry. I should post a photo or something. Here  you go. It was one of the ideas for the Bogus Focus cover.



No comments:

Post a Comment