Sunday 16 June 2013

Tickety tock

WTF, how the hell did it get to be the end of June already? Well, almost. Oh, alright we're half-way through but I'm loking at the calendar and thinking this time next week I'll be on the way back from wherever this gig is. In the week I must prepare something as well as prepare for this interview thing.

The new novel is running at 47,000 words give or take. It feels about 2/3 of the way through but it's hard to say - sometimes I sit and write and loads of things come together and click into place. Then I sit again and introduce a whole bunch of new and frankly unexpected events and/or characters. I'm still working on the principle that Hitch Hiker's was most effective when it didn't know where it was going and I can be too. One of my sketchy later chapters will probably change as I'm going off the idea I had for it. I have at last got a very good idea about the Hunt and some of the underlying plot that had been pretty foggy.

Today's picture of Jasper was a lucky one, taken in the grounds of Whittingham Hospital, still all fenced off but rotting and decaying.




No comments:

Post a Comment