Monday 10 June 2013

Iain Banks RIP

Although we never met and exchanged only a handful of emails over the years, Iain Banks was the kind of author who seemed to speak to you from in between the lines of his novels. It was great that he enjoyed JIC's Excession and took time to share tales of his own music-making. Whatever I write about the man is inadequate, therefore I shall raise a glass to my favourite living author, somehow living no more. Time to dip into one of his books again. The only question: Culture or not?

Funnily enough I finished the 5-volume Hitch Hiker's recently and realised, amazingly, that I wasn't madly impressed by the last two books. I'm still trying to understand exactly why they didn't work - and a rambling dissertation here wouldn't be of any value to anyone so I'll just keep musing.

It's sunny again. Weather due to change so for now it's back to the garden. Worked on a cool 32-bar loop last night using some samples I found plus the new review thing. Woke up with a headache and a resolution not to buy any more beer today, sun or no. Will try and write review tonight, it's only 500 words and I know the thing pretty well now so should be able to do it off top of my head (always best).

Garden, here I come!


As there are so many pix of synths on the net, here's another shot of my dog Jasper.

No comments:

Post a Comment