Monday 19 June 2017

Bogus Realities, the 6x9 edit

Well, it's proving a lot quicker to do than FAF. I kinda started by copying all 3 novels into one file and beginning to go through doing paragraphs, fixing obvious mistakes and so on. Before I realised I'd ploughed right through until Liminal Entity, which I'm working on now (about 6 chapters in).

Funnily enough Liminal Entity will be the easiest as it seems to have the paragraph sizings done already. The text reads better the further I get, suggesting my style is becoming slicker, or at least less wordy and pretentious. Shame it's a family visiting weekend or I might even get it done by early next week. Will need a cover though for the whole trilogy.

Once done I'll have another vanity print-off and go through it before announcing it exists. That way I'll avoid the basic errors that leaked into the first edition of FAF. Hey ho, lessons learned. Only then will I be able to continue work on the new one.

Well, that was relatively easy. Completed on Saturday evening while visiting family (yeah, I'm a real fun guest to have). Just need a cover, which is proving quite hard to visualise. Getting a cover to suit even one of these tales was tough but to consolidate three? Anyway, might do a temporary cover for the first edition so I can check everything, maybe work on a painting or two or see if Tim has any ideas.



Some ideas for the cover - not what I'll use but hopefully to trigger ideas in folks who know art and stuff. Gonna print one for me, go through and fix the obvious stuff, get cover sorted, update, tell the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment