Tuesday 13 June 2017

More FAFfing about


Today (Sunday) did very little except see my mum, play piano and listen to the recent session (Uvulitis) which, as usual, has more good stuff than we realised at the time. Tally ho, what!

Well, I reached the end of my read-through of Future Art Factory. It definitely gets easier to read towards the end. The sentences get a bit shorter, I don't overfill every one with adjectives and the story heads somewhere. However, I've decided it would be too mind-blowing to do a major rewrite so I'll go through the things that leapt out at me the most insistently and do minor fixes, reformats, pruning etc. It'll always be an over-large, wordy, confusing mess but given so many people seem to quite like it, I'll settle for superficial tweaks and move on. Unless anyone with an editing background is prepared to go through it properly, being ruthless, pointing out consistencies, repetitions and so on.
Yeah, made updates today and resubmitted the 'final' version for print and kindle.

In parallel I'm a short distance into BF6x9 and still working on the next few chapters of GD. Something to keep me going for the foreseeable. No reviews in, should look for some modular stuff I guess.

Yowch - new main board for  my V-Synth is £328.95 + VAT! Methinks I could find one second hand for not much more than that. Or an XT. :(

Hmm, Tuesday and already I've done 1/3 of the Bogus Realities compilation reformat. Bogus Focus was quite easy and I've not tweaked the text too much. Next 'Beer'. Might take a couple of days for each one, then I should think about a cover for the three together. A painting perhaps, although I should practise a bit first! Maybe Tim will think of something.




Starting this tomorrow. Unless it's sunny ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment