Thursday 24 May 2018

Ongoing sunshine

The second week of sun begins, council workers out on the grass-cutters, erasing as many wild flowers as possible in between checking their Facebook page, or whatever it is that demands their full attention in their palms.

I realised over the weekend, as 2 new Roedelius CDs arrived, that I've been buying albums from this great man since the late 70s. And not one has lived up to the promise of the first. Or even come close. I am forced to conclude that Peter Baumann was far more important than was previously suspected. And further to this conclusion, Conrad Schnitzler's Con remains his greatest work. Shame Baumann didn't produce more albums really. I must also add Cluster's Grosses Wasser to this list.

This week I have no work lined up, unless I wanted to do that Plaits review. Think I'll see how it goes. Got an early morning (5:15) accidental call from my mum, something that's happening more often although thankfully not at that time. Given Pat's awful cough kept me awake until around 02:00, I'm shagged today. Starting the morning with a quick flush of Morton Subotnick, which it a perfect illustration of how to make electronic music appealing to those with leather elbow patches or lab coats. It's fun though and pretty freaky, keep finding myself grooving along to parts of it.

Now then, it's Thursday, the JCBs have moved into the wild end, destroying a fresh batch of trees. How fucking depressing. Birds still raising their young - indeed I just caught a magpie in the garden that was hopping around after some of the baby sparrows we have in abundance. Magpie had got injured so I was able to corner it - it pecked me but didn't hurt much. Of course I just took it out of the garden and let it go, soft git that I am. Didn't neck it.

Bought another Redshift album (on recommendation, although so far it's another of the generic releases) and also the cool I, Monster album with the stories and groovy music. Can't just put that on while reading though, have to concentrate. Someone recommended a Redshift that sounds instantly much better. Called Turning Towards Us, coulda saved my money on the other which is kinda predictable/obvious. My next pair chase.

Yeah been one of those Thursdays. Pat made excellent tea and we're gonna finish off Lost in Space, hopefully not being quite so wound up by the stupidity than so far.






I had the cover review this month and it featured lots of balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment