Wednesday 9 May 2018

Supersmooth Superbooth

A tiring few days (I even slipped off early on the Saturday as my back was killing me) but also quite excellent. Only regret is not checking out the gig timetable at any point and therefore missing loads of stuff I'd have wanted to hear (including Harald Grosskopf and Richard Devine). I didn't see one indoors thing and missed Mark Verbos on the boat. This is, of course, typical of me.

I also didn't see too much gear - a few choice pieces which I stumbled across more by accident than planning. I chased a few of the people I really wanted to meet, such as Vlad from Soma, Dan from DPW and regulars like Ken, Howard, Gaz, Nick etc. I promised to go visit several folks then promptly forgot... But the weather was great, the people splendid, the food and drink marvelous and our new book looks to be well on course. At some point I'll start my work on it. ;)

I didn't take many photos and don't feel especially like reposting the few I already stuck on facebook, but we'll see.



At one point was sure I'd spoken to Paul Haslinger (without realising) but when I asked him later, he just laughed and said he never left LA. So I guess either my brain was fried after days on my feet or he has a doppelganger. Or both.

Pat away a day or so now doing more baby stuff. She isn't too well and really should be staying home. I'll do novel things in the meantime. Have finally worked out the meaning behind one major plot point. I always knew it happened, but never why. While walking Jasper this morning, it became obvious.


No comments:

Post a Comment