Wednesday 2 May 2018

Phew!

As in: phew, I finished my track. Just hope it's up to scratch and fits in. I deliberately gave it a more ambient/mellow sequency vibe so it should stand out from the rest. But who knows?

I started yet again from scratch and this time had no beer, no smokes, I just knuckled down. It's therefore less complex than a lot of the other stuff I've done, simple sequences and polymeters with some P3 playlist action with odd numbers of repeats so the note repeats roll around across other sequence boundaries. I like that kinda thing anyway. Recorded in one pass to Logic then did a few overdubs, just starting Cirklon at whatever point I wanted. Worked very well actually. I then added a few single notes - often triggered from the trigger button of Plonk. The overdubbed Rings works especially well, and the part where I add a bit of time modulation in the Tapographic Delay (sorry, shoulda said: nerd alert) goes all lush and swimmy - wish I'd done it again.

Tuesday
Small tweak to the mix of yesterday's track then sent off along with some blurb and pix. Happy with it all and ready for Superbooth now. Got some Euros, printed my boarding pass, it's all good.

Got offered a little semi-modular synth to review but resisted. It didn't seem that interesting. Will check out the Deluge though and see if it is worth coming out of my not-very-retirey retirement. Apparently the DFAM review is on the cover of the next mag, which is weird considering it wasn't exactly a long one.

Everyone seems to be going to Berlin today. Of course that's cos it starts tomorrow, apparently. Well, 2 days is enough for me. Might get to see Colin's office now he's had chance to arrange everything. Oh, the new book took 10 mins to reach its kickstarter target, which is cool. Guess I'll have to do something after all then!

Signing off until after SB. Might take my camera but then again plenty of other people document these things...



A last few random photos for no very good reason (other than as an alternative to my rambling prose).


No comments:

Post a Comment