Wednesday 16 May 2018

The Exploding Horse Penis

A very traumatic day yesterday, as the title of this blog suggests. The phrase 'I've never seen anything like it' came up a lot. Me, I avoid any TV programs with surgery and gory bodily internals - so even a couple of photos of said penis were enough to make me pretty ill. I will not reproduce them here.

Nobody knows the cause but some kind of trauma appears to be behind it. Poor Caspian had a pee and loads of bodily tissue, gunk and vileness came pouring out. His bell end turned into a dark, bloody melon thing leaking the kind of fluids more usually associated with terrible burn victims.
The main thing is he survived the night at the horse hospital and although it seems they may chop off the end of his knob, we're now hopeful he will survive. Pat was ill already after her visit to look after the baby, so it hit her hard. And all this a few days before Caspian was meant to move to his old haunts, now gonna be delayed but we're hopeful it will still happen.
Phew! Caspian scheduled to be back within walking distance on Friday, yay!

So that kinda changed the flavour of my week. I'd intended to go up to the Lakes today and take some pix. Actually my DLD is finally coming back repaired so I'd probably have had to wait in anyway. So it's gardening, enjoying the sunshine, comforting Pat and that kind of thing.

Where are we? Wednesday, that's where. My CD of 'Silver Apples of the Moon' just arrived, part of a kickstarter thing I think. Anyway, it's delightful old school bubble & squeak music and I'm really digging it so far. I expect I'd have run a mile if I heard this in my teens (as I did from Stravinsky's 'Rite of Spring', amazing though that now feels to admit). DLD arrived but I've yet to test it out. Resisting another case move around, although I think it's inevitable a few modules will be shuffled about to be nearer the wondrous Natural Gate.

Moog have a new synth. Freaky looks, stupid name, meant to be based on the Moog modular, although sadly the oscillators aren't. Still, it's semi-modular, almost Moog's Easel in terms of its features (simple architecture, sequencer, arpeggiator, spring reverb, patchable to make it more fun) and sensibly priced. Reckon it'll do well. I might even be tempted since it it's small and neat, has MIDI and CV/Gate etc. - all depends if it has the 904a magic, snappy EG and all the things you'd want from a Moog modular.

Went to the gym for the second time this week. This means I have worked off the weekend's beer and smokes in advance. Or something.

No progress on novel or the minimal album but no hurry. Looked at camper vans today.



No comments:

Post a Comment